Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

So let's get you up to speed as to what's going on here.

Bugs is still at TacoMac. She doesn't like it. She misses the regular paycheck, as opposed to wondering how much she'll go home with in tips every day.
She came down with some sort of virus. Went to the doctor, who told her to take a few days off, take Advil for the aches and pains and let it run it's course.
She seems a little better today. Good for her, as she has a long day today.

The coming week will be the last for Boo to spend in Daycare for a while. I know she will miss it, she really seems to enjoy being around other kids, and playing all day.
But she is also coughing again, sounding a little raspy.

I had a serious talk with Bugs the other day. Told her I was no longer in a position to help her out anymore. After this week's daycare payment, the well is dry.

A segment of People's Court the other day (yes, I am becoming one of those couch potatoes who watches the JUDGE shows) there was a case about a mother in law suing her daughter in law for credit card charges.
I will not bore you with the story, but in the end the Judge shook her fingers at both the mom of the girl and the mother in law, and explained: You are not doing this girl a favor by being her friend and bailing her out all the time. She is an adult, she is responsible for her own life. Stay OUT of it!
Whew!
I didn't completely agree with this, but I have to admit, she has a point there.

I asked Wheelie to stop me every time I am tempted to "help" Bugs out in the future; give her advice; suggest things; pay her bills...
Of course he shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. But I hope he will help me with this.

We shall see. Tough love, for everyone. Hmm..

The other night when we were getting into bed, Wheelie had his arms over his head and I noticed all his pit hair is gone. I jokingly asked him if he shaved himself for me. He looked...Huh!...He hadn't noticed.
We looked a bit further, and low and behold. He is losing ALL his body hair. He used to have a nice grey rough thatch on his chest...gone! The hair on his legs...gone! On his arms...almost gone!
The hair on his head is still there bit getting thin.
Weird!
I wonder if it's the hormone treatments. After all, on my statements from the doc, it's called chemo. We're going on 2 1/2 years of treatment now.
It's just strange we didn't notice. Oh, I did notice more hair than normal on the shower floor now and then, but I just never question it, just cleaned it up.

Boo is becoming quite a character. Every day we discover something new. Or should I say: She discovers something new.
The other day I asked her if she wanted a sandwich, to which she replied: I wanna BAGEL!

It cracked us all up, as it came out so unexpectedly.

She now re-reads the books I read her first. She will sit and "read" the story, pretty much recalling every single word. Amazing.

She loves bulldozers and trucks and dump trucks. Guess we don't have to wonder about what to get her for Christmas this year.

As for me...after just watching part of the Kennedy funeral, I am a bit sad and wistful.
Another great man gone, a part of history gone.
I met Ted Kennedy in person when I was a very green young lady, just "off the boat", one of my first weekends in America. My uncle took me to the Democratic headquarters in San Mateo, where Ted was campaigning for his brother. He even shook my hand.
I had absolutely NO clue as to what the American politics were all about.

Our country is on the verge....of something....I can only hope and pray it's a change for the good.

SGMKJ!

4 comments:

  1. I've never tried the comment button before, do I think I'll test it and see if the comments can be read by anyone or just you.

    I'm so glad to see your blog back up!

    ~ann

    Woops...don't know which of the profiles to pick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way to post them so only you can read them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can just email me, ann. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whats that sad or angry little girl doing there, staring at us. And what's that on her pretty little face? Did she have an accident?
    That is freaky for Wheely to loose all his hair..., but I do hope he will stop you from recueing Bugs all the time. There's bound to be a limit to it, for you and for her.
    Good luck with trying other ways!

    Go

    ReplyDelete