Saturday, July 30, 2016

There is an app for that!

Yesterday was one of those desperate crying my eyes out, wondering what the hell to do NOW day.

I went and stood in front of my shelf with the pictures of my Heavenly Angels (mama, pappa, Wheelie)
and asked them to please get me through another day of worry about the damn money.


In the afternoon I decided to withdraw my request for a smaller apartment, for which I paid $100 deposit to just get on the waiting list. At least that amount would cover me for now.

My landlady called back and said that she had JUST deposited the check but had not sent the waiting list to the management company yet, so she would take me off and deducted the $100 from my rent, which is due August 1.

A huge sign of relief here.

Spider calls me and tells me to hang in there. She is in the same boat and has been relying on the kindness of strangers for a long time herself.

She and Boo just moved back in with her long time girlfriend, who like Spider, just broke up with her fiance. Both girls have a child. The friend, who I'll call Hippi has a little boy who just turned 3. She lives in a house on the same street we lived in when Spider was 4.
An amazing thing, how everything comes full circle.

They all have their own room, they split the costs, they are surrounded by neighbors/friends who find it absolutely normal to help support these two ladies.
Spider is looking for work, ANYTHING but restaurant work. She's got a foot in the door at Target, which I think is excellent, because it would mean, a job WITH benefits, and no worries about relying on tips.
Boo is starting school again, fourth grade!!!! on Monday. She is excited. She is ready.
Today they are having a slip 'n slide party for the little boy, I was invited, but I just can't see myself slippin' an' slidin'

So back to yesterday.
I have been in contact with my wayward son for a while now.
He is a changed man, and is happy and healthy and sober.
I wrote him about my financial pickle.
He texts me: download this CASH APP mom, so I can send you some money.

WOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

SO I did. It's called SQUARE CASH.
It's a free app
and it works

$200 directly into my bank

BOOM!!

I can't remember him ever giving me a gift. except for a little wooden box one Christmas, en a crumpled up birthday card without an envelope for my birthday (probable swiped from the local grocery store LOL)

This was HUGE

And I couldn't help but see the smiles on my Heavenly Angels' faces.

Crying again, but now of relief, of gratitude.

Spider: See mom??? It always works, and always at the last minute, when you don't expect it.

Yes, daughter.

SO now I can get ready to watch the Olympics, starting next Friday. Very excited about that!

And after that a trip home in September, a gift from my little sister.

SGMKJ


No comments:

Post a Comment