Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Who do I know in Malaysia?

I found a link on this blog where you can see how often and how many people read your blog, and where they are located.
Apparently, someone in Malaysia reads it a LOT. I find that kind of weird. I don't know anyone from that country!

Anyway, here we are January 7. The past two days were very cold here. The so-called Polar Vortex reached all the way down to Georgia.
This morning it was 7degrees F. which translate into MINUS 15 degrees Celsius.
It has not been this cold here in a long long time, and all the schools are closed. Kind of ridiculous, the sun was shining brightly, and it was dry.
Buncha wusses down here!
Tomorrow it will get warmer again, I can't wait to hear the school buses come and go around 7 in the morning.

And look what I found on my balcony this afternoon! If the window had been open I could have touched it.
Living on the top floor will bring us new friends, ones that would not come down below. This guy is just beautiful and I hope he stops by often.

Across the street there are some grassy fields in front of the school. Every morning about 12 Canada geese come down. It's a joy to watch. At first they all stand absolutely still, all facing the same direction. After about 3 minutes one of them will start to peck on the grass, and all the others will then follow.
They don't stick around for long, after about 30 minutes they fly back to  lake Allatoona, which is behind us somewhere.


At the Lodge we had a newcomer's orientation today. Got to meet our new neighbors. Everyone is so happy to be here. And they should. It's a great place.
I am probably the youngest person here, but it's just so 'gezellig' to be able to stop and talk to people.

We spent a quiet day at home. Me crocheting my 33rd afghan, and reading a new book, well, an old book, but after a while you forget what it was, so I read it again. Wheelie doing his routine of reading the paper, watching TV and playing Solitaire on the computer, and both of us taking a few naps.
We watched an old movie I got from the library. We had a yummy dinner, watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, and that was the day.

Totally peaceful, away from all the drama, the stress. We earned this little piece of heaven.

SGMKJ!

ps: People in Malaysia, make yourself knows, I am curious as to who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment