Saturday, January 4, 2014

Slowly but surely

 Hard to believe it's January 4th already.
The holidays went by quietly. But it was nice and quietly.
I managed to disassemble the tree myself, and was able to stow everything in a small closet.
Then, when no one was watching, I moved the two bookcases around, schlepped the CD cabinet out of the big closet.
It is starting to feel like home. It's cozy, it's compact, it's convenient. I love my new washer and dryer, which come with the apartment. They work like a charm. No more scary hot dyer operations with the faulty exhaust. I don't recommend front loaders to anyone, they might look terrific and imposing, but give me the old fashioned top loader washer anytime.
There are still curtains/drapes to be hung. Haven't found any yet that I like. But there's no hurry. We're high up, and we have nobody across the street.
I'm a happy camper. Finally there isn't the stress of worrying about the upkeep of the house, the worry something might break down, like the heater. Here they take care of all that. Just one call and they show up on your doorstep. Such a relief!


 We did not stay up on new year's eve. There was a big to-do downstairs, but neither one of us felt like party-ing. We are still getting to know the neighbors, slowly.....
On January 1st we decided to put the CDs back on the shelves. Even though I packed them in order (haha) it was a mess. We had to sort them out and alphabetize them again. Thank God we only have one unit left.
As opposed of the 15 or so we used to have. Now all we need is a stereo. But we can play the music on the DVD player or the computer. It will have to do for now.
I think Wheelie was relieved that he can access his Cd's again, without having to go in the closet or the garage.
I don't miss the old house at all. I drove by it the other day. We still get mail there. The USPS didn't get my change of address info. I was promised it would happen soon. The house looked empty, sad, but soon someone will call it home again.

I sit in my chair here and marvel at how well we did this move. How everything came together just right.
No longer feeling the stress and the anxiety, even being away from Bugs is helping immensely to calm my nerves.
It's just me and Wheelie now. And it's great! We probably seem like an old boring couple, but there is contentment in the air, a feeling of yes, this is good!

SGMKJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment