Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ripple Effects

Bugs won't be able to pay her rent this month, after squeaking by for the last few. They are going to be evicted.
She found a complex that is subsidized rent, not quite 'the projects',  filled out an application, and things looks promising at first. This morning she calls in tears. She was not accepted because she has two cats.
So now a difficult decision must be made. Letting go of the kitties.

Boo will be heartbroken. So will Bugs. But if it comes down to finding a place to live for cheap, as opposed to living in your car.......

To think that all this could be avoided. Seven years ago.
If only....

If only Daddy would have kept his promises...
If only Daddy wouldn't have turned to drugs and theft and fraud...
If only he would have kept a job and paid his child support....

And here we are holding the proverbial bag.

For six years Bugs has kept up her part of the deal, always worked, never on welfare or food stamps.
Of course she had the Mom and Dad ATM handy.

Now the Mom and Dad ATM is empty.
Mom and Dad had to file chapter 7. Mom and Dad had to surrender their home...

Daddy's parents have split up...lots of anger in that family because of Daddy...

Bugs' car accident really was the last drop in the bucket....everything fell apart...

And now we hear that Daddy finished his rehab, and is coming home from prison this month. And his Mom has these insane suggestions...asked Bugs to HELP him get on his feet??...give him a job??...

You've got to be kidding!

And I am feeling that I really can't say much about all this. When I was Bugs' age, I went through a tornado of bad decisions and consequences thereof. I KNOW what she is going through. I also know that life goes on and you get out of the muck eventually.
All I can do is encourage her, listen to her complaining. But we can no longer help her financially. We can't help her raising her child. She is on her own. Time to put on the big girl panties.

We have our own problems. I am secretly glad not to be so close to town anymore. So I won't be tempted to jump in the car at a moments' notice.

I need to concentrate now on OUR little time left together, Wheelie and me. Who knows how long he still has on this earth. For now he is doing well, we're at some sort of plateau.
But it's only a matter of time for the next crisis to arrive. I want to be ready for that. I want to be rested and have my brain together and my wits about me.

And I have to just depend on our Higher Powers.

Ripple effects...amazing

SGMKJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment