Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bat girl



ke
We had Boo overnight again. She woke up around 3 coughing. At 5 I'd had enough and so had she. She refused to take medicine, so I got up with her and watched Dumbo. As soon as she was upright the cough was gone. Post nasal drip I guess.

Poor Wheelie couldn't get back to sleep either so he got up and had his shower at 6.
In the meantime Boo was roaring and ready to start the day, running around with her bat hat on eating BUGS, because that's what bats DO, while the both of us kind of sat around bleary eyed and yawning.

She then proceeded to sit at her little table, invited Wheelie to sit by her and started "reading" him a big pile of books. It was now 7 am (yes, that is Matt Lauer on the TV and yes, it was still kinda dark outside.)

We had our breakfast, got her to brush her teeth, took my own shower, and then got her dressed in her new outfit. It is picture day at school. Her first! So she had to look nice. Well, she did.

As soon as I got back home I jumped back in bed and managed to sleep for a few more hours. Wheelie took a nap at the dining room table. He simply refuses to go back to bed for a nap.

So life has been going well. No large upsets. Weather still just amazing. Mom doing pretty good.

Bugs received her first child support check the other day. Crap! She was SO hoping he wouldn't so she could take him back to court again in November and get his sorry butt back incarcerated.
Unfortunately she only gets half of what she is supposed to, probably a condition of the Fathers Work plan. The State takes it out of his paycheck, and since he is working in a Salon as a receptionist and hair sweeper, he can't be making much.

She claims she doesn't want the money. What a dunce! We suggested she start a savings account for Boo with it. After all it IS for HER. So now we are waiting for him to contact Bugs in regard to visitation of some sort. She is petrified. But since he hasn't made any effort in that direction she has some breathing room. Of course the time will come when she will have to face the music and make some arrangements with him. I can tell the whole issue still overwhelms her.

My mother has been trying to get me to go OUT and DO things (she should talk, hehe)
So when one of my neighbors invited me to join her at the knitting club at St. Francis, I went.
What can I say. Bunch of old ladies knitting and crocheting and yapping. Not my cuppa tea, but what the heck. I'll honor my neighbor's invitation and go a few times.

Since the weather has been so cool in the morning I've also started to do a little walking again. My hips are simply rusted. It's downright disgusting how I've let myself go the past year.
I can't go very far, but try to go a little further every time.

It's a start, isn't it?

SGMKJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment