Wednesday, April 22, 2015

where are we going, and what are we going to do when we get there?

We had a few nice and calm days here. Some rainy ones. Not a problem.

After we get into bed, Wheelie always starts to "talk".
Or tries to.
Usually it's about the movie he just saw, or he has questions about actors, and wants me to look up information on my phone.

Handy thing, that.

After about ten minutes his Zolpidem and Flexeril  kicks in and his "talking" becomes "slurring" then just "mumbling sounds"...as he drifts off to sleep.

 Then he becomes active again with his hands and arms. Trying to grab onto the trapeze, trying to grab something in the air. Sometimes he "sees" something on the ceiling, like a line or a fault, or the trapeze hangs off kilter, drives him nuts it seems. I have tried to find out what he wants, but it's just like sleepwalking, doesn't mean anything. Eventually he conks out after that. And I take a deep breath and watch TV until I'm sure he's down.


The other night, as he was still somewhat comprehensive, he asked me (and I have to hang over him and repeat every word he tries to say): "What will you do after I'm gone?"

It made me cry and we just hung onto each other for a while.
Told him not to worry, I've got things under control
"You're a tough lady" he says, and falls asleep.

At times like that I wonder what's really going on in his head. He doesn't want me to worry about him, but he obviously worries about me.

I've noticed he is having more problems locking the brakes on his chair now.

Eating less, drinking less. I'm not going to push it.

I am kind of tired these last few days.

SGMKJ!

1 comment:

  1. God Bless and keep You Meta, I know You struggled for such a long time. So much crap going on, politicaly and other wise, cant even visit with the Kids, real bummer. I'm sure someday we will get it all straightened out, still have all our hair in the process.
    HUGE HUGS

    ReplyDelete