Saturday, December 14, 2013

Rain, Pain, Go Away!!!

A few months ago I was officially diagnosed with arthritis.
All over.
My hands, my back, both hips.
So after all the packing and moving and unpacking and running around I expected a few days of stiffness and soreness.
Ha!
Well, let me tell ya. I have to constantly take Advil. My hands are on fire, my back and hips are killing me, even my ankles and feet hurt when I concentrate on them.
I try to ignore it all, I have too much to do. I can't afford to be disabled.

But...I have to make an appointment with the doctor, I know!
And I will.
Just have to find me one here in town. I am not going back to the fellow In C'ville. I got the feeling he could care less. I had to practically beg him to take X rays of my sore hips the last time I saw him. To receive a call from his nurse announcing I had bilateral arthritis in my hips. No suggestions, no follow up, nothing.

As Wheelie is becoming more dependent on my help, it is becoming clear that the help is going to be MINE.
For how the Hospice is sending us a CNA 3 times a week.
I'm going to need more, much more.

It's a bit frightening to think ahead. What if? What will happen if I can't do anything for him anymore? Will I be able to get enough and sufficient help?

And I guess that's where the sayings from Al-Anon comes in:

One Day At A Time!!!

and

Let It Go, Let God....

In the meantime we're loving this little home. It feels like we're on vacation.
Everything so convenient, so compact, so like "home"
And I mean, "home" as in Holland "home"

We are now becoming our parents. Living in a senior environment. The walker generation. The bingo groups.

99% of the people I meet are friendly and welcoming. The 1% I encountered must have some mental issues. Always a frown on her old face, bitching, mumbling to herself.

So far so good.

SGMKJ!




No comments:

Post a Comment