Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Massage Therapist and I Are Going to be Best Friends!

Our new home
It's the 1st of December. The last Sunday here in Cartersville.
To say we are in a complete state of chaos is an understatement.
BUT...
I keep plowing down my lists, and it's working. It's just SO MUCH DAMN WORK!!!

Today Boo and I took another load to the new apartment.
Just some stuff I can't pack for the movers, cleaning stuff and laundry detergent stuff...
She was happy to "help", push the buttons in the elevator, skip through the LONG hallways, insisting on seeing ALL the Christmas trees in the place. (Oma, only OLD people live here?)

She is getting so tall. 50". I measured her today for the last time on the wall in her old room. She is learning so much at school. She reads, she does math, and she is picking up some darn smart ass expressions.

On the way back I wanted to show her the Veterans Cemetery. It's a beautiful area, in the hills. So very quiet. (Wheelie: well, yeah, they're all dead!)
It's a very peaceful place, and I like to just stop there and reflect.
She liked it too, reading off the names on the gravestones, rearranging some of the flowers. (Why are these flower not real?)

Then quickly home again, in time to fix Wheelie his lunch and take care of his floating teeth :>)

The house looks empty. Most of the furniture gone. Bugs took the dining room table and chairs. One of my nurses is taking (buying) the fridge and my washer and dryer. Another nurse bought my queen size bed with all the trimmings. Another nurse bought one of my book cases.

The couch and the coffee table were gone a few weeks ago. The guy at Goodwill is starting to know me well.

We don't need a lot of things, the new home is small. We do have two bedrooms and two bathrooms however, with large closets. But not nearly the space we have here, no attic, no garage.

Not to worry, we've been through this before and we really don't mind saying goodbye to stuff.
That's all it is, after all, STUFF.

So we surround ourselves with the things we love and don't want to lose.
Ordered a smaller dining room set, a new TV stand, a twin bed for me (So we can still be together in one room)

Little by little this move is becoming a reality.

I figure, if I can empty a flooded sailboat with a dish towel, I can move a household by my lil ole self.

Tomorrow I will pack the last stuff, drop off the last batch of DVDs and books at the library here.
Say goodbye to our neighbors.

Can't believe we have been here almost 9 years!

Time flies,
People get old
We try and make the best of life

SGMKJ!


1 comment:

  1. Ah, jij ouwe doordouwer! Yes, we all seem to have to down scale. Same here. I think it's called detachment from Earthly possessions. I hope you have enough energy for this move and how's 'Wheely' taking it? Then settling in again but hopefully sitting down and enjoying the views too. Good luck you two! I'm thinking of you here in Melbourne and looking forward to reading more blog posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete