Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The fog is lifting.....slowly....

Ever since that enormously general gift from far away friends, And ever since the weather is starting to get more bearable, I am feeling lighter somehow.
I haven't cried for days, have been sleeping like a baby.
Maybe the grieving is finally letting up.
I know it will come and go for a while, but I think I'm over the hump.

Selling my old (20 years +!!) dinnerware on eBay has been a surprise.
Good thing I invested in some stuff that would stay popular for a while.

It's a relief to let old stuff go.
Stuff in drawers I never used or even looked at.
It's creating a cleansing feeling.
All my quilts are gone.
Most of my DVDs are gone.
My music CD aren't doing so well because I refuse to sell/ship overseas.
Besides, there isn't much left of the special ones that were worth anything.
Like LPs, CDs are on their way out. Make way for electronic ways.

I immediately spot the sellers from Asia. They want to know specifics, like what's engraved on the inner ring of the disc, where it is really made etc. etc.
I sold tons of them to China, Taiwan. I've always been wondering if the CDs would be bootlegged and sold on the black market.

And those folk are really picky, they want it sent their way, they want the value amount on the customs form to be LOW, so they won't have to pay taxes. I never did, and in a few cases it cost ME dearly. Them saying they didn't receive the goods, and me not having any way to check. And losing hundreds of dollars.
Even in those days it was expensive to ship and the only way to add proof of delivery would have cost a mint.

So I decided not to ship overseas anymore.
Of course, when I received an email asking "those" questions about My set of Beethoven's complete symphonies, Karajan conducting, I wrote back: where do you live?
The answer was: California.
Ha!
He never bid on the set.

Doing eBay gives me a sense of accomplishment, and it brings home some much needed moolah.
I will get back on the waiting list again, and hopefully I will be able to stretch my funds for a few months until a smaller apartment becomes available.
I mean I am on a roll here, maybe I'll get lucky with that too!

I started swimming again.
You might think: that's a big deal??
Yes, it is.
It's another chore, to get my stuff together, drive 12 miles to and from, and get into the cold water.
But once I am, it feels so good, and I always wonder: Why don't I do this every day?

My neighbor stopped bugging me, which takes off a lot of anxiety.
Why he annoys me so much I don't really know, but I have a suspicion he's trying to WOO me, which makes me shudder and cringe.

Spider got herself TWO, count them TWO jobs!! A full time one at Target, and a part time one at her old bar. I hope she can do it, that's a lot of hours. But she really needs to start pulling her weight again.

This weekend I'll have Boo over again. And I am planing on taking her to the movies.

SGMKJ














 

No comments:

Post a Comment